GARBAGE & RECYCLING CALENDAR AND CONTACTS
Click here to access the 2021 Garbage & Recycling Collection Calendar.
Garbage & Recycling in the Town of Brigham is contracted though Town & Country Sanitation.
All questions or concerns regarding Garbage and Recycling collections should be directed to:
Town & Country Sanitation
(608) 375-5856 or (800) 626-1915
GARBAGE & RECYCLING CONTAINER PLACEMENT AND INSTRUCTIONS
Set Out Time
On the day of collection, toters need to be placed out by 6:00 am; do not set out more than 12 hours before day of collection. Toters need to be returned to storage location within 24-hours of your collection day.
Place toters at the end of your driveway on as level of a surface as possible. Make sure the arrows on the lids are pointing out towards the alley/curb line. Lids need to be closed to a substantial degree.
Toters need to be at least three (3) feet from any fixed objects such as mailboxes, trees, streetlights, buildings, or parked vehicles, and with a 2-3 foot gap between toters.
Clearing snow after each snowfall will make it easier to move your toters to their collection point.
Toters will not be collected if placed on a snowbank.
Common Reason for Missed Collections
Collections may be missed for a variety of reasons, including:
- Toter is not placed following the above tips
- Toter is place out after the designated collection time
- Garbage or recycles are outside of the toter
- Toter is overfilled (lids need to be closed to a substantial degree)
- Toter is placed on a snowbank
- Toter contains unacceptable items (see below)
Unacceptable Garbage for Curbside Collection
The following garbage items are unacceptable for curbside collection:
- Yard waste
- Large furniture items that do not fit into the toter (i.e. - couches, chairs, mattresses, etc.)
- Construction materials (i.e. - cabinets, lumber, shingles, siding, carpet, etc.)
- Electronics (i.e. - TVs, computers, VCRs, printers, etc.)
- Appliances (i.e. - washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, etc.)
Unacceptable Recycles for Curbside Collection
The following recycle items are unacceptable for curbside collection:
- Food waste
- Paper plates
- Ceramics and dishware
- Broken glass, windows, and mirrors
- Styrofoam, packing peanuts, or bubble wrap
- Medical waste
- Yard waste
- Construction materials
Acceptable Recycles for Curbside Collection
The following recycle items are acceptable for curbside collection:
- Plastics 1-7 (place loose in toter)
- Newspapers, shiny inserts, magazines, phone books (place loose in toter, or bag or bundle)
- Shredded paper, office paper (place in clear plastic bags inside toter)
- Cardboard (break down and cut into 2' x 2' squares before placing in toter)
- Aluminum and tin (place loose in toter)
- Glass - jars and bottles of any color
In addition to bi-weekly curbside collection, the Town of Brigham hosts two annual Clean-Up events - one in the Spring and one in the Fall. Clean-Up dates are scheduled 1-2 months prior to the event and are subject to change based on availability of necessary equipment and personnel.
Residents are invited to bring any unwanted items to the Town's Clean-Up Event site for proper disposal. This event is intended for items that are not eligible for curbside pick-up, including appliances, furniture, scrap metal, and electronics.
The following items are accepted for disposal:
- Motor Oil
- Paint Cans (must be open and contents dry)
- Wood or Yard Waste
Many items are FREE to dispose of, with the exception of appliances/electronics and tires.
Spring 2021 Clean-Up Event
Saturday, May 1st from 7:00 am to 12:00 noon
501 E Industrial Dr | Barneveld, WI
(behind the Town's Salt Shed - on the frontage near Crest Concrete)
The Clean-Up Event site is NOT available for early or late disposals.